Paying your way

Post subject: Paying your way
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:18 pm 
Major General

Hi Gents, just a reminder that we need help running demos at shows, it helps us to get more members and the club discount we all benefit from. So far for colours we only have two club members, you don't need to play the game normally jim is happy to teach as we go and you get free access to any shows we demo for.

Can we please make an effort to at least volenteer for 1-2 shows a year to earn the club discount, reasonable excuses are fine we all have real lives but 1-2 days a year isn't to much of a bind really

From Jan 2014 only those who have volunteered to help at a minimum of one event the previous year will be able to place club orders anyone helping during 2014 will also gain access, volunteering may not result in you getting picked to help at a show but will get you access

Post subject: Re: Paying your way
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:33 pm 
Major General

Righty ho,

been thinking about this for a while and I've allowed all members access to the order form for club discounted models again please read the rules for ordering if you haven't before hand.

The main reason for this is that it is a good benefit for club members and as a bonus of being a member and to attract more in future. The reason for the volunteers only setup was to encourage people to help whilst giving a benefit to those who can spare the time to help the club.

With this in mind and after some talk about it we are thinking a club charge of 10% be added to orders after the Jan 2014 one. funds to help pay for club nights where we don't make the 10 adults and anything left over to go into terrain (which is still currently 90% mine) Christmas party/pizza or whatever the club decided we need. moneys WILL NOT be distributed as this is not a make money from your mates idea, that's my day job and i don't want to do it on Friday nights but if you need a builder during the day I'm happy to take your money!

this 10% charge will be waved to those who help out with the club in some way or another.
examples:

Volenteered to help run demos at a show in the last 6 months
Volenteered to run a show in the next 6 months
Opening and closing the building regularly
running club days or competitions in the last year or running one this year.

The best case situation I feel is that as far as possible every name should be on the no charge list but I understand people have other commitments etc.

I'll keep this list as up to date as possible but please speak to me if you feel you should be on it and aren't

Waved charges for:
Keith - Shows
Jim - Shows
Symon - Shows & ongoing club event
Rob Rath - Shows
Dan - Shows
Jon - Opening every week
Jason - Closeing every week
Me - because
Gareth Shows
Alex - Shows
Rob Jones - Shows